First Peoples Disability Network Australia is a national organisation of and for Australia’s First Peoples with disability, their families and communities. FPDN’s purpose is to promote respect for human rights, secure social justice, and empower First Peoples with disability to participate in Australian society on an equal basis with others. We are the custodians of the narratives of First Peoples with disability, their families and communities and we recognise this important responsibility.
The Communications Coordinator will continue to grow the organisation’s profile across FPDN’s communications platforms and promote the rights of and for First Nations People with disability, their families and communities.
- All general communication with key stakeholders including community, community-controlled organisations, partners and supporters
- Building and maintaining relationships with First Nations and mainstream media; securing and managing media engagements, responding to media enquiries, media monitoring, writing and distribution of media briefs and releases.
- Development and design (InDesign) of marketing materials
- Work with FPDN stakeholders to create digital content, resources, video and animations
- Produce and promote FPDN campaigns and initiatives, including FPDN’s newsletter (EDM’s) using Campaign Monitor
- Manage and grow FPDN’s social media footprint through the development of timely and engaging content
ESSENTIAL FOR THE ROLE
- Lived experience working with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and communities and intimate knowledge and understanding of the diverse needs of and barriers impacting on Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people with disability
- Experience website management, social media management and content creation
- Experience in writing media briefs and releases and securing strategic coverage
- Advanced Microsoft Office Suite skills
- Ability to work to strict deadlines
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills, which facilitate interaction, cooperation and trust with relevant groups and individuals including First Peoples with Disability, their families and communities, FPDN Board and team, internal and external stakeholders
- Knowledge and understanding of the Australian political system and the roles and responsibilities of all levels of government
- Tertiary qualifications or equivalent experience in media, communications or related field
- Experience in producing digital content including email marketing campaigns (EDM’s)
- Experience in Graphic design and competency in Adobe Creative Suite; InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop
- Network of connections within the First Nations and Mainstream media
- Experience in the community controlled or not-for-profit sector
- Attractive Not For Profit Salary Packaging benefits
- Flexible work arrangements to suit your lifestyle!
- Learning, development and career opportunities
For further information please contact Lorraine Cornell on 0473 220 508 or click the button below to email.