FIRST PEOPLES DISABILITY NETWORK AUSTRALIA
First Peoples Disability Network (Australia)
- We are a not-for-profit First Nations Organisation.
- Maternity Leave fixed term contract
- Leadership in policy and systemic advocacy working with a range of internal and external stakeholders.
- Hybrid working arrangement.
- Great salary packaging benefits available.
First Peoples Disability Network Australia is a national organisation of and for Australia’s First Peoples with disability, their families, and communities. Our purpose is to promote respect for human rights, secure social justice, and empower First Peoples with disability to participate in Australian society on an equal basis with others. We are the custodians of the narratives of First Peoples with disability, their families and communities and we recognise this important responsibility. We work for the recognition, respect, protection and fulfilment of the human rights of First Peoples with disability and their families.
ABOUT THE ROLE
FPDN is expanding its policy and systemic advocacy work. We are doing this by increasing partnerships and collaboration with community, the disability sector and government agencies to lead and co-design solutions with community to improve outcomes in genuine partnership with First Peoples with disability across a range of policy areas (such as early childhood, housing, justice, health) . We are looking for an experienced social justice Policy and Systemic Advocacy Manager to cover a maternity leave period to lead our ‘Policy and Systemic Advocacy Team’.
- Demonstrated commitment to working for the recognition, respect, protection, and fulfilment of the human rights of First Peoples with disability and their families
- Understanding of and ability to work within a human rights framework established by the United Nations Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities, and the
United Nations Declaration on the Rights of Indigenous Peoples.
- Demonstrated experience in developing and leading policy and systemic advocacy programs with First Nations peoples
- Demonstrated experience in developing strategic networking partnerships at National and International levels
- Demonstrated experience in developing and leading a diverse and remote team of Policy Officers.
- Be committed to self-determination for all First Nations people
- Respect and understanding of the diverse aspirations, needs and cultures of First Nations communities and working with culturally sensitive information.
- Understanding of and ability to work from a cultural model of inclusion, including human rights and social models of disability .
- Bachelor or higher degree in social sciences or other relevant area
Applications from other locations will be considered. This role is be a fixed term until 30.6.2024
Hybrid • Contract • Full-time • Mid-level Senior
130000 AUD – 140000 AUD (Annum)
FIRST PEOPLES DISABILITY NETWORK AUSTRALIA (FPDN) IS A NATIONAL HUMAN RIGHTS ORGANISATION OF AND FOR AUSTRALIA’S FIRST PEOPLES WITH DISABILITY, THEIR FAMILIES AND COMMUNITIES.
To apply visit this link