ABOUT THE ORGANISATION
First Peoples Disability Network Australia is a national organisation of and for Australia’s First Peoples with disability, their families, and communities. Our purpose is to promote respect for human rights, secure social justice, and empower First Peoples with disability to participate in Australian society on an equal basis with others. We are the custodians of the narratives of First Peoples with disability, their families and communities and we recognise this important responsibility. We work for the recognition, respect, protection, and fulfilment of the human rights of First Peoples with disability and their families.
ABOUT THE ROLE
As a Training Engagement Officer, you are responsible for engaging with our First Nations communities to identify, develop and present Disability focused training needs into First Nations communities. Applications accepted from any location in Australia.
You will be a creative thinker and an open and engaging communicator. You will be passionate about driving social change in partnerships with First Nations communities for First Nations people living with a disability, their families and the communities who support them. You will be a team player, who enjoys working in a small First Nations run organisation and work in genuine partnership with First Nations communities. You love travelling into communities to engage and work with local stakeholders.
KEY SELECTION CRITERIA
- Identifies as an Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander person
- Demonstrated ability to engage with First Nations communities to develop a deep understanding of community needs for First Nations people with lived experiences of disability.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and present education and information sessions
- Excellent organisational, research and problem-solving skills with great attention to detail.
- Ability to prioritise the competing demands of multiple projects within agreed timeframes.
- Commitment to drive social change and inclusion for First Nations peoples and a demonstrated capacity to maintain confidentiality and respect cultural knowledge and protocols.
- Current driver’s license as you will be required to travel into First Nations communities to engage, consult and provide training.
- Lived experience of Disability
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU
- We are an Aboriginal organisation run by First Nations people living with Disability
- An attractive salary working in a culturally significant role.
- Access to Not for Profit salary packaging options
Our recruitment process involves undertaking a National Police Checks and providing a current Working with Children Check for your State.
For further information, please contact Lorraine Cornell – Manager, Human Resources; [email protected] using the subject line: Training and Engagement Officer – Flexible Location / Work From Home enquiry via EthicalJobs.